What is Composite Decking?
Composite decking is made from recycled composite material, but some people think it looks fake. Some companies use real wood grains, while others use artificial ones. It is a popular decking material and an alternative to wood.
Composite decks come in a plank format, similar to traditional treated wooden planks. You also get the option to buy composite deck tiles now. If you don’t want to completely replace your current wood deck, you can simply use these tiles to cover up the entire area. Composite deck board manufacturers boasts that they snap together, and only take a few moments to install.
There are other advantages as well. They’re lighter weight than natural wood, so they won’t warp or crack as real wood does. Plus, there’s no need for regular maintenance, since they won’t rot or decay over time.
The downside of this type of decking is that it doesn’t look natural. It might not even have the same color as your home’s exterior.
If you really want to go with composite decking, you’ll have to make sure you choose the right one. There are many different types available, including:
– Wood Grain Patterns – This is the most popular choice because it gives off an authentic appearance of wood.
– Artificial wood grain – These are less expensive options, but some customers say they look fake.
– Color-matched – This option comes in a variety of colors, which makes them more attractive.
– Stainable – This option allows you to add your own stain for a custom look.
– Maintenance-free – Since this material isn’t going to deteriorate, you don’t have to worry about cleaning spills or staining.
– Durability – Because composite boards are made out of recycled materials, the wood fiber will last much longer than wood.
– Warranty – Most manufacturers offer warranties on their products, so if something goes wrong, they’ll fix it at no cost to you.
Benefits of Composite Decking?
Composite decking is durable, long-lasting, won’t rot away, and doesn’t require much maintenance.
Composite decking requires much less maintenance than traditional wood decks. It doesn’t need to be stained or painted. It won’t rot or warp over time. It’s made out of recycled materials, and it’s environmentally friendly.
The main advantage of using composite decking is the cost savings. It’s cheaper than other types of decking, so if you’re on a tight budget, this could be an ideal choice for you. However, there are disadvantages too. For example, the surface may not last as long as traditional wood decking or vinyl.
Drawbacks of Composite Decking?
Composite deck systems are expensive and would set you up for the initial cost. Treated wood deck systems are cheaper.
Composite decking is made up of many different materials including plastic, fiberglass, and resin. While these materials are strong and last longer than wood, they aren’t as easy to maintain. You should clean your deck regularly to prevent dirt buildup and scratches.
Fading is another common complaint among composite deck owners. Some manufacturers have developed coating products that can help prevent fading. However, many people prefer the look of wooden decks over those made of composites.
Contact us to learn more about composite decking installation.